I am a teacher by trade and some days can be pretty depressing. I mean one trip to the faculty lounge and you can hear some pretty sad stories. Most are true, I mean teaching many of today’s students is tough, really tough. Families that are split apart, students who don’t care, teachers who don’t care and the list goes on and on. But in the midst of this there is much to be thankful for.
We have a school that is safe and most of the frustration from out faculty comes from not being able to do as good as they would like, even though they work their tails off. So I decided to make a list of things I am grateful for, a gratitude list, here goes:
- The fact God loves me
- My best friend, my wife Melissa
- My oldest son Todd Jr.
- My oldest daughter Taylor Jean
- My youngest son Trenton Kenneth
- My youngest Daughter Tori Kay
- My church
- My job where I can directly affect and effect lives
- My brothers, sister and Mom
- My Kindle
- My house that keeps me warm in winter, cool in summer and is full of love
- My health
I am convinced the more I live the more life’s success (as defined by each of us) is more about how we view life, are we thankful or resentful. I do think that gratitude is an attitude, what do you think?