I don’t know why I feeled so drained after a week with 13 and 14 year olds. Well it could be that:
- I am constantly being asked the same question 200 times in the same class
- Or maybe it could be the 10 lessons I need to prepare for my classes
- Or the 500 papers I grade on a weekly basis
- Or it could be the endless meetings I attend (one meeting and I am not making this up, was to plan for the next meeting)
- Or perhaps the discipline I have to hand out daily because that child’s parent will not or cannot do it themselves
- Or it could be the fact I am always unjamming a ten year copy machine, but there is new furniture in the offices
- Or the fact that I am covering classes of other teachers who do not get subs or it could be the fact I talk much of the day
- Or maybe because I get 30 minutes to scarf down lunch in a teachers “lounge” that may have more fungus than a mushroom farm.
Yeah, I know why I am so tired now.
Teachers make too much? Shut up!